META [ MET·A ]1. involving change: metamorphose (= to change into a completely different form)
2. outside the normal limits of something: metalanguage (= a specialized form of language used for describing a language
SYMBOLOGY [SYM·BOL·O·GY ]1. the art of expression by symbols
2. the study or interpretation of symbols
3. a system of symbols
Metasymbology is a study and interpretation of the numbers and symbols of playing cards. A metasymbologist is someone who takes a metaphysical approach to the value of the 52-card deck and believes the cards are symbols, which preserve a specialized language.
The Hidden Calendar
Hidden within the numeric values of the 52-card deck is our solar year calendar. Check it out:
Take a deck of cards, add up the values of each card, from the Ace (one) to 10, where the Jack is 11, the Queen is 12, and the King is 13. You will get 364. The Joker’s value of 1.25 takes up “the remnant of days” (the leap year) and brings the total 365.25 days of the solar year.
- There are 52 cards in the deck and 52 weeks in the year.
- Add 52 together (5+2) for the 7 days in a week.
- 7 days X 52 weeks are 364 days. Add the Jokers value of 1.25 and you once again have the 365.25 days of the year.
- There are 4 Suits and 4 Seasons in a calendar year.
- There are 13 cards per suit and 13 weeks per each season of the year.
- Add 13 together (1+3) to remind us of the 4 seasons in a year.
- Multiply 4 by 13 and you have 52—once again, 52 weeks of the year, and 52 cards in the deck.
Amazing, right? When you include celestial values into the mix, there is even more evidence of a hidden number system.
- Add 52 together (5+2) for the 7 major planets in our solar system.
- The 12 Crown Cards represent the 12 signs of the Zodiac.
- 13 cards per suit equal the 13 constellations, (includes Ophiuchus!)
- 13 cards = 13 new Moons per year.
- Add 13 together (1+3) to get 4, signifying the 4 cardinal points of the compass, the 4 lunar phases each month, and the 4 elements: water, air, fire, and earth.
Most incredible, when you add your birth date to the numeric values of the deck, you find a personal calendar that starts on the day you were born.
Similar to a regular calendar, the personal calendar reminds you when to do things or not do them, but instead of navigating holidays and timing seasons, the personal calendar navigates personal events by timing the ebb and flow of karma.
The literal translation of the word karma is “action”. It is a constant Universal Law, also known as Newton’s Third Law. Many don’t realise karma is both cause and the effect. One cannot exist without the other.
How to Use the Cards
Know Thyself!" is the mantra when you use the cards to understand the conditions and agreements of your soul. These conditions and agreements support your unfulfilled desires from previous lifetimes. Your unfulfilled desires are the chains that bind your soul to the wheel of life. Know them!
The magnetic qualities of love and hate attract us to others with whom we have unfulfilled desires - over many lifetimes. These desires include the desire for love, sex, sympathy, revenge, nurturing, friendship, support, protection, peace and understanding. The cards and planets combine to show us how to reconcile our relationships, or put them to rest.
The ancients knew of the spiritual and metaphysical Laws that govern all life. The cards reveal the outcomes of past actions in a never ending drama of cause and effect. You can master these laws - in real time - if you know what they are. The cards were designed to show you the way.
Metasymbology is not a tool for telling fortunes, although it can be used for that. Nor does it associate karma with fate or destiny. Metasymbology is an ancient method of divine insight that shows you how you can reconnect to the qualities of your soul-nature and become the master of yourself.